Do want to know how they are calculated and what they correspond to? You've come to the right place!
In this article, we'll cover:
Your consent metrics
The proofs of consent for your site's visitors must be stored with us.
As you probably already know, the proof of consent does not contain personal data. We record the following information in the proof of consent:
- The user-agent: This tells us the browser and the type of machine being used
- The list of authorized third parties: Which cookies has your user allowed to launch
- The acceptance type:
- ✅ total: When all cookies have been accepted
- ⚠️ partial: When at least one cookie have been accepted
- ⛔️ refused: When no cookies have been accepted
To calculate the consent metrics, and because we are working with millions of records at once, we group data into hourly batches.
Your visit metrics
For your visit statistics, we aggregate anonymized logs from our CDN, CloudFront. The CDN is configured so that every received request is written to a log file. We run a script every hour that anonymizes and aggregates the data.
We use this aggregated data to count the unique and recurring visitors, based on the HTTP status of the requests. To be sure to separate the first visit from returning visits, the Axeptio SDK that you load on your site will add a [r=0] or [r=1] parameter to the request loading your configuration.
This parameter varies according to whether or not the user has already provided their consent.
- Number of page views
- Number of "first visits": Page views by a user visiting the site for the first time. We identify a first visit by the absence of a proof of consent and the absence of the Axeptio script in the cache.
- Number of "returning visits": Page views by a user who has already viewed one or more pages on your site.
- Number of "returning visits without consent": Page views by a user,but only for people who have not made their consent choice.
- Number of bot visits
The dimensions for analyzing your metrics
In decision analysis, dimension refers to information that qualifies and discriminates an event or fact. So, if a page visit is a fact, the browser used by the user is a dimension of that user.
Here is a list of the dimensions that we currently support:
- Host name, which is a domain name and subdomain.
- Consent type, which corresponds to the Axeptio product, which may be cookies, marketing, and contractual.
- Browser (Chrome, Safari, etc.)
- Device, which refers to the type of device being used (Tablet, Smartphone, PC, etc.)
- Operating system (iOS, Windows, etc.)
- Configuration, which is the Cookies configuration version being used to collect the consent (only for the consent metrics).
Through a combination of these metrics and dimensions, we return the following elements:
- A daily overview showing the new visitors and consent statistics
- A daily graph of new visitors VS returning visitors
- The opt-in rate
- The interaction rate
There are currently three dimensions that we do not process (due to volume). These are:
- The page
- The country
- The cookie choice
Is it a tracker?
We do not personalize requests or use any sort of tracking technology. We are unable to track a user's actions. We can only identify which visits are first visits and which are returning visits.